Saturday, November 10, 2012

C215

C215 (given name Christian GuĂ©my) is a French street artist (some call him the French Bansky, though I hate that, and he probably does, too) who layers stenciled images with sprayed and brushed paint. His is simply awesome. I thought about writing about why -- in fact, I've erased a lot of words on that, something about his work being an advertisement for humanity and life, with great technique and eye, etc. etc. -- but I should just let his work speak for itself.


Below the break, many more examples of his work. There's an extensive collection of his work at his Flickr page, as well as a set of images at Colossal (which reminded me of C215's extensive work). [N.B. this brings up the interesting question of why I would post images of work when they can be found on other sites. Early in the history of this blog I didn't. The images I post, though, show the ones I like or am interested in and, most importantly, help prevent losing them through link rot.]

So anyway ...


















No comments: