Thursday, November 22, 2012

Glorantha Being Revived and Wants Your Money

Okay, I don't know anything about Glorantha, the role playing world used in the famous, if possibly dated, games RuneQuest and HeroQuest, though its world looks cool and it is getting ready, supposedly, for a big revival through Kickstarter. It reminds me of old times, though, 30 some years ago when the Thanksgiving holiday was the time to play Dungeons and Dragons with old friends from high school and my brother. Well, it wasn't really Dungeons and Dragons -- even the old version -- but our (okay, my) version, a form of the game purified from some of its more adolescent aspects. Well, it was still pretty adolescent. Ah, the smell of turkey and the sounds of late '70s album oriented rock bring it all back. In the next few weeks, to the inevitable dismay of everyone, I'll be posting some materials from the world and role playing system.

No comments: