Saturday, November 17, 2012

Your One Stop Wood Identification Resource

Western Red Cedar
With the U.S. election over one's thoughts naturally turn to how do I identify wood? Fortunately, via MetaFilter we now are able to identify wood from the safety of our bedrooms using The Wood Database. While identifying wood is often considered a male dominated activity, it is now known that many women are quite skilled at identifying their own wood. For my own part I can say there is nothing like a woman who knows her wood, though I am sure there are many women who love men who know what wood please women. Wood identification, frankly, is all about pleasure, and that's nothing to be ashamed about. There simply is no one best kind of wood, and wood identification, when done well, should take awhile. Which brings us back to the internet. I don't think anybody could doubt that the internet has been a boon to wood identification.

No comments: