Thursday, March 27, 2014

Ricky Gervais Tweets About Religion

From a post at the Ink Tank, The 10 Smartest Ricky Gervais Tweets About Religion:
God doesn't prevent terrible things because:
A) He can't
B) He doesn't want to
C) He causes them
D) He doesn't exist 
Please vote now
Note: it's not clear to me whether this originated with Ricky Gervais or Nicol de Villiers (@Durbanville) on Twitter -- although it is credited by sites like Ink Tank to Gervais, I only find a Twitter link to de Villiers, and the de Viller's tweet looks to be two+ hours earlier so either Gervais or an assistant may have copied it (if he indeed tweeted it).  Regardless, it's apt. 
Yeah, I'm doing this wrong.  I should be re-tweeting Ricky Gervais (or the somewhat less prolific Nicol de Villiers).  But this is a blog.
Yet more:

Praying is hilarious.
Surely he knows what you want already.
"I just want to hear you say it. Beg! that's better.I'll think about it.
This may originate from a tweet by James Diegnan -- I can't tell -- Diegnan's tweet (of uncertain date and found via Google) is very similar and Gervais's is missing.

No comments: