Saturday, August 25, 2012

Thank God This is Cleared Up

Representative John Shimkus, the chair of the House Committee on Environment and Economy, assures us that the inerrant word of the Bible shows us the world is not about to end. Well, that's a relief!  Also, I learned that there's an ongoing theological debate that this might actually be a carbon starved planet. And I learned that Rep. Shimkus is an expert on carbon emissions at the time of the dinosaurs, and you can be too, if you just pull numbers out of your butt. Also, he thankfully began by reminding us that religious people are often hesitant to speak up except thank God for the First Amendment! And ...oh, hey, did I mention that he's the chair of the House Committee on Environment and Economy? ... anyway, I also learned (though I couldn't quite follow what this had to do with Biblical prophecy on climate change) ... that our "environmental regulations" are costing miners their jobs. I think he means regulations on mines. He has a picture of miners that might be affected by the issue of "environmental regulation," and I would like to provide some, too (warning: graphic images). Video via the New York Times.

No comments: