Tuesday, August 21, 2012

The Artwork of Kris Kuksi

Kris Kuksi is an artist whose work has influenced my own (though not in obvious ways -- and, frankly it seems pretentious to speak of my own work since I've documented none of it here). He's been featured on many sites, and I've perused what was there, but finally, inspired by a post on Colossal (with the beautiful images that Colossal always displays),* I took the time to go to his site and get a look directly at the source.

What I found was that his work was more varied than I had imagined, with, for instance, great paintings in acrylic that vary in style and temperament from the modern-Rocco style of his sculpture. A really worthwhile visit.
___________________
* Christopher Jobson, who runs Colossal, may have the time necessary to obtain approvals from artists and so to extensively publish images of their work, potentially going beyond fair use. I don't, and out of respect for the artist or other creator, as well as the law, limit images to samples of a body of work, published here not for profit, widely available elsewhere, and clearly not negatively affecting the value of the original work (if anything increasing it by providing a greater interest and "tease" for the real thing). As far as sites like Colossal, I say more power to them; the breadth of images they show is a credit to their sites and the artists they feature (and, indeed, may still be fair use).

No comments: